Digital Twin Consortium and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) have entered into a liaison agreement to create and develop digital twin enabling technologies.
The goal is to accelerate the adoption and monetisation of digital twins in the aerospace community.
Both have agreed to the following:
- Collaborating on standards requirements
- Realizing interoperability by harmonizing technology components and other elements
- Aligning work in Digital Twin Consortium horizontal domains for adoption within vertical environments and use cases, proof of concepts, and programs, including:
- Technology, terminology, and taxonomy
- Security and trustworthiness
- Conceptual, informational, structural, and behavioral models
- Enabling technologies such as simulation and AI
- Case study development from initial concept through operational analysis
- Open source for reference implementations
Dan Isaacs, CTO, Digital Twin Consortium, said: “We are excited about working with AIAA and its vast network of aerospace professionals. Through our collaboration, we will advance the use of digital twins in aerospace industries.”
Mat French, chair of the AIAA Digital Engineering Integration Committee and staff system engineer and architect at Northrop Grumman, said: “AIAA is pleased to work with the Digital Twin Consortium. We bring our aerospace perspective to the Digital Twin Consortium and look forward to learning from other sectors.”
Digital Twin Consortium and AIAA will exchange information through regular consultations, seminars, and more.
“AIAA members who are at the forefront of digital transformation in aerospace are sharing their insights with other AIAA members,” commented Dan Dumbacher, AIAA executive director. “Our partnership with Digital Twin Consortium is a natural outcome of letting our members lead the way on innovative new content and programming.”
Read next: GCHQ, CIOB launch cyber security guide for UK construction firms
Are you a building professional? Sign up for a FREE MEMBERSHIP to upload news stories, post job vacancies, and connect with colleagues on our secure social feed.