This year’s Inspire Awards are just a few days away, and after a year out due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it promises to be a good one.
Covering UK construction, engineering, and housing, the Inspire Awards seek to shine a light on those working to create a more diverse and inclusive culture in the industry.
Against a backdrop of a national skills crisis, Brexit, an ageing workforce, and a global pandemic to boot, it is more important than ever to attract a diverse workforce – and to celebrate those organisations and individuals who are leading the way.
Following the success of other UKBE events held remotely this year due to COVID-19, the Inspire Awards will also be making the virtual switch.
Over 300 housing and construction professionals attended the previous awards ceremony, which counted Bolton at Home, Sovini, and Balfour Beatty among its winners. Similar numbers are expected to tune in this year – albeit from the comfort of their own homes.
Hosting the event will be journalist and broadcaster Owain Wyn Evans. As a patron of the LGBT Foundation, he knows how important it is to strive for a more diverse and inclusive society. And, as a presenter of BBC North West Tonight, The One Show, and BBC Breakfast, Evans also knows a thing or two about putting on a show.
This year’s categories are:
- Most Inspiring Awareness Campaign
- Most Inspiring Employment Initiative
- Most Inspiring Apprenticeship Programme
- Most Inspiring Training Programme
- Most Inspiring Building Project
- Most Inspiring Community Project
- Most Inspiring Mental Wellbeing Initiative
- Most Inspiring Supplier
- Most Inspiring Consultancy
- Most Inspiring Contractor
- Most Inspiring Housing Provider
- Most Inspiring Employer
- Most Inspiring Rising Star
- Most Inspiring Role Model
- Most Inspiring Mentor
- Most Inspiring Diversity Champion
This year’s judges include:
- Barry Cullen, Diversity and Inclusion director, RICS
- Julie Musesoglu, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Homes England
- Belinda Blake, EDI manager, Highways England
- Mushtaq Khan, chief executive, Housing Diversity Network
- Vanessa Howell, head of Professional Standards, Chartered Institute of Housing
- Christina Riley, managing director, LGBT Construct Limited & EDI Construct Ltd
The winners will be announced at the Inspire Awards 2021 on Thursday 8 July 2021.