CEMEX Ventures has named Document Crunch as the winner of its Construction Startup Competition 2021.
US-based Document Crunch, an AI-powered software that identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts, was one of 10 startups that had the opportunity to present their projects to a jury composed of the top representatives of each organising company, as well as an audience of experts in construction, investment, and innovation.
The Pitchday took place in Miami within the framework of the BuiltWorlds 2021 Venture East Conference event.
The other nine businesses that pitched to Cemex Ventures and its competition partners (Dysruptek, Ferrovial, GS Futures, Hilti, VINCI Group’s Leonard, and Nova by Saint-Gobain) were:
- AI Clearing (United States) – Saas platform that integrates seamlessly several data sources into BI systems to provide digital insights
- hyperTunnel (United Kingdom) – Patented new method to build and renew tunnels and underground infrastructures
- Nodes & Links (United Kingdom) – AI-based platform to create smart machines to automate project management
- ObraLink (Chile) – Data collection system to automate critical construction site activities such as concrete poured and formwork
- Presien (Australia) – AI vision systems to free heavy industries from the risks that threaten the safety of their people and business
- ProcurePro (Australia) – Digital subcontractor procurement platform to close the digital gap between bids and commitments
- RatedPower (Spain) – Cloud-based software to carry out the design and engineering of utility-scale solar photovoltaic plants
- Schüttflix (Germany) – Platform to order, transport, deliver, and dispose bulk material 100% digitally
- WASTEBOX (Austria) – Digital waste management platform to automatically connect customers with the right disposal partner for their project
CEMEX Ventures says that, through the years, the quality and solutions that have emerged for construction has increased significantly.
CEMEX Ventures says it is already preparing its 2022 edition of the competition, with the intention of drawing “an even more promising scenario” for the contech ecosystem and the startups that will participate.
Are you a building professional? Sign up for a FREE MEMBERSHIP to upload news stories, post job vacancies, and connect with colleagues on our secure social feed.